Mahalo to Martine Gomez for sharing this lovely Aloha Friday Photo.
Martine’s photograph was taken from Kalalau Path that runs alongside the gorgeous Napali Coast of Kauai. It’s a reasonably troublesome hike, in complete, however this view of Ke’e will be loved early (effectively throughout the first half-mile, if I bear in mind accurately) on into the hike. It’s a fairly hefty climb from the beginning of the trailhead so far, however as you may see this view is your reward.
Listed below are some transient nuggets about this well-known Kauai mountaineering path:
- Your complete size of the path (one-way) is strenuous 11 miles. A mountaineering allow is required for anybody mountaineering past the preliminary two miles of Kalalau Path.
- Most individuals hike the primary two miles of the Kalalau Path and return for a four-mile complete. The primary two miles present some pretty views of the coast. The primary two miles run from Ke’e Seaside to Hanakapi’ai Seaside. No mountaineering allow is required for this preliminary, two-mile portion, nonetheless a customer/parking reservation is required to entry the path head by way of Ha’ena State Park and onwards to Napali Coast State Wilderness Park. Study more here.
- If you’re brief on time and private vitality, the primary half-mile gives good views that make the hike price your effort.
- See the state’s official page for the Kalalau Trail.
- Learn our article on hiking the first two miles of the Kalalau Trail.
Have you ever loved this view from the Kalalau Path?