– After greater than a two-year pause, the Waikiki Hula Show has returned! It stays free, too. For now, it’s solely going down on Saturday evenings.
– Alaska Airways has a fare sale to Hawaii beginning at $99 one-way. See this link for more information.
– Hawaiian Airways announced they’ll be offering high-speed web entry on flights between Hawaii, the continental U.S., Asia and Oceania with Starlink’s satellite tv for pc web connectivity service. This service is anticipated to be put in on choose plane in 2023.
– In different Hawaiian Airways information, service between Auckland and Honolulu will resume in July per this tweet.
– Final week, we instructed you concerning the announcement of a new reservation system to access Diamond Head. Once we wrote that, the precise reservation system was not but lively. It’s dwell now and may be accessed at this link.
– A brand new invoice banning short-term trip leases outdoors of Oahu resort areas has been signed into regulation and goes into impact October 23, 2022. This invoice is designed to maintain trip leases out of residential communities. Essentially the most important change of the brand new regulation is that it lengthens the minimal keep allowed in residential areas to 90 days from 30 days. Moreover, for essentially the most half, short-term leases on Oahu will solely be allowed in resort-zoned areas together with Ko Olina, Turtle Bay, Makaha and elements of Waikiki. The one exceptions are some apartment-zoned areas in shut proximity to resorts the place visitors would be capable to lease a complete property, and bed-and-breakfasts the place somebody should dwell on the property.
– Sadly, one thing to keep watch over is a rash of robberies in Waikiki.