– The primary humpback whale sighting of this new season has been recorded! A flight teacher noticed a humpback whale off the coast of Maui on September twenty ninth. Congrats to our contest winners of Mary S. and Barb, who each guessed September twenty eighth.
– The brand new volcanic eruption at Hawaii Volcanoes Nationwide Park continues to wow observers. The lava intrusion into Halema’uma’u Crater has lifted the floor stage excessive sufficient that the lava exercise is now seen from protected viewing spots. See this HVNP post for extra particulars in addition to pictures.
– Conde Nast Traveler introduced their 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards for the top 25 Hawaii resorts.
– Hilton Hawaiian Village, Waikiki Seashore Resort has a sale on suites at 50% off and 30% off normal rooms. For the sale, it’s essential to ebook by October 11, 2021 for stays between now and June 9, 2022. See this link for extra data.
– Astronomical rental automobile charges from the spring and summer season are beginning to come again all the way down to earth. Rental corporations’ automobile fleets are being replenished and customer numbers are down. See this Maui News article with extra insights.
– Fortunately, COVID instances proceed on a downward pattern in Hawaii. Yesterday, the reported case depend dipped from triple digits all the way down to double digits, at 91, for the primary time since July. See the next display shot of the general epidemic curve because the begin of COVID-19. (Supply: HawaiiCOVID19.com)