(as of May 22,2022 07:25:39 UTC – Details)
For a limited time, receive a free Fodor’s Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel e-book with the purchase of this guidebook! Go to fodors.com for details.
Whether you want to view an active volcano, see the beaches of the Kohala Coast, or visit the scenic Waipio Valley, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Hawaii are here to help! Fodor’s Big Island of Hawaii guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This new edition travel guide has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor’s Big Island of Hawaii travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 15 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, cuisine, music, geography and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on “Big Island Ultimate Experiences,” “Hawaii Volcanoes National Park,” and “Hawaiian Cultural Traditions”
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- HAWAIIAN LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Kailua-Kona, the Kohala Coast, Waimea, Mauna Kea, Hilo, Puna, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, the Waipio Valley, and much more.
Planning on visiting other destinations in Hawaii? Check out Fodor’s Maui, Fodor’s Oahu, Fodor’s Kauai, and Fodor’s Essential Hawaii.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!